Use this form to document your community service. Turn in the completed forms to the Academy office.
A minimum of 100 hours of community service must be completed by the end of the third nine weeks of their senior year. A log to document these hours, as well as volunteer opportunities, can be found on the Academy website.
Examples of community service:
- Volunteering at the animal shelter
- Volunteering at the food bank
- Volunteering at the Montgomery County library
- Volunteering at a junior high or elementary school activity
- Volunteering through Montgomery County United Way
- Volunteering through Woodlands Interfaith
- Volunteer with the YMCA
- Assisting elderly or disabled neighbors with chores, errands, yard work
- Working Freshmen Orientation
- Helping teachers on teacher workdays
- Tutoring outside of school hours
Community service guidelines:
- You cannot receive payment
- The activity cannot be part of a fundraiser
- The activity cannot be required by a sport/program you are in (i.e., band, ROTC, football, etc.)
- You cannot receive a grade in class for the activity
- The activity cannot be during school hours (unless arranged through Academy office, ex. Read for a Better Life activities at an elementary school).
- You MAY count community service hours done for another organization towards your Academy requirement.
A variety of opportunities to serve our neighbors in Montgomery County can be found here: